- 3 years ago
I automatically knew that I wanted envelope liners for our invitations – FI agreed and insisted that we use patterned paper. Instead of spending money on the Paper Source Envelope liner templates, I decided to make my own:
Materials to make templates:
- hard plastic (I used a hard plastic folder from our office)
- pencil (for marking)
- A7 envelope (we used one from an old invitation we had)
- paper (we bought 12×12 scrapbook paper – on sale for 5 for $.95! Four can fit on each sheet, so each liner only costs $.05!)
- round corner punch (we bought a “small” round corner – the usual one that is sold is the larger round. It still works though, but it’s not the same contour).
- large ruler
- if you have one, a paper cutter (but cutting with scissors by hand works too.
- Take the 12×12 sheet and cut into 4 equal sized-squares. (I used the ruler to draw on the backside and cut)
- Use the corner punch to create the rounded tip.
- Take the template that you just made and match it the rounded tips together
- Trace and cut off any paper.